The following is an excerpt from the main article posted at The Daily Dot website.
Rest easy, Twitter trolls: Harassing someone with mentions on the microblogging network is now officially protected as free speech—possibly because the judge responsible doesn’t fully understand Twitter.
- Tweets are free speech, even threatening ones, judge rules (venturebeat.com)
- You Have A Constitutional Right To Stalk And Harass People On Twitter (forbes.com)
- Twitter stalking is protected free speech, judge rules (digitaltrends.com)
- Judge: indictment for Twitter harassment is unconstitutional (arstechnica.com)
- Judge Rejects Twitter Cyberstalking Case on Free Speech Grounds (mashable.com)